Our Flank Steaks come one to a package.
Flank Steak is a lean and boneless cut that is full of beef flavor. This versatile cut, also known as London Broil, is best when marinated and grilled or sliced thin and used as part of stir-fry.
Flank Steak comes from the Flank Primal, which is located directly below the Loin. These coarse cuts are lean and full of flavor and are always sliced against the grain to maximize flavor and texture.
Organic Grass Fed & Finished Beef
Certified USDA Organic cattle are raised on 100% Organic Grass from ween while grazing in open pastures, never in a feed lot. Very lean beef with little to no fat content. Always Antibiotic and Hormone free.
Prosper Steakhouse Beef
Cattle are fed an optimized mixture of Grass, Organic Grass, Corn and Distillers Corn Grain. Raised and marketed for high end steakhouses, you can enjoy the same top notch quality at home from Prosper Meats with our Prosper Steakhouse cuts. Always Hormone free.
1 3/4 - 2 pounds flank steak, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup tequila
3 garlic cloves, chopped
5 tablespoons olive oil
3 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
8 flour tortillas
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved and/or 2 ripe avocados, diced
3 tablespoons Triple Sec
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1. Zest limes; reserving zest for later. Juice limes.
2. Combine tequila, lime juice, garlic and 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 tablespoons will be used later). Marinate steak in a zipper-locking plastic bag 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade. Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Let steak rest 5 minutes and slice thinly across the grain.
4. Grill jalapeños flesh side down until charred and slightly soft; mince and combine with beef.
5. Wrap tortillas in foil and place on top shelf of closed grill to warm.
Combine tomatoes/avocados, reserved lime zest and Triple Sec. Heat remaining olive oil in large sauté pan.
6. Turn off heat, add tomato mixture and toss gently. Add beef mixture and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with warm tortillas.